- PMBOK®-version 7 is your Principal Book
If you are planning on getting certified as a project manager, then the PMP ® Handbook is your first stop. This handbook covers all knowledge areas necessary for achieving success in becoming an elite professional with skills that can help teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently across organizational boundaries while managing obstacles creatively so projects meet or exceed expectations at every turn.
The book begins by instructing students about what they’ll need before taking their exam including understanding processes followed during application submission periods leading up until registration day!
- Make sure you meet the Eligibility Criteria’s before Becoming a PMP® certified Professional
– You must meet the following educational and experience requirements in order to take this certification exam:
- If you have a high school diploma, an associate degree or global equivalent then it is necessary that your work history contains at least 60 months of unique project management activities. Moreover, 7500 hours should be spent leading projects lasting over 100 days during which time no one else handled any tasks but yourself!
- If you have a bachelor’s or its equivalent in your country, then it’s likely that with 36 months of non-overlapping and unique project management experience under your belt – including 4500 hours spent directing/leading tasks both leading up to managing projects on behalf of others.
- In addition to this requirement being satisfied by prior work history rather than educational training courses alone, 35 contact hour courseware must be shown too.
- Involve yourself with the local PMI chapter!
As a member of your local PMI chapter, you will be able to get discounts on the membership fees and enjoy free copies for both versions 6 & 5. Furthermore, since it’s in association with other PM professionals whose goal is clearances too; networking opportunities abound where one can learn from those who’ve already cleared their exams, which increases your chance to clear your exam at the first go.
- It’s time to sign up for the PMP exam
PMI’s certification process to become a Project Management Professional can be difficult and time-consuming, but it is worth the effort. First register for an account at https://certification.pmi.org then fill out your online application that will allow you access into one step of many before scheduling any tests (examination fees may apply). Next submit this information with other necessary documentation as directed by PMI; once approved they will issue confirmation number allowing individuals looking forward towards achieving their goals in project management!
The Prometric website provides those wishing to sit for these examinations details on how best go about taking them such as location(s) appropriate distances from home etc..
- It is imperative that you study the PMBOK® Guide.
When preparing for the PMP® certification exam, make sure you use a resource like PMBOK® Guide as your primary reference. This is because most trainers find that around 75% of questions on this test can be answered with answers from within its pages–so read it thoroughly and consider using it as a guide when going into each section!
- Get study materials for self-paced learning
The study materials for self-study should be more than the PMBOK® guide. You won’t get anywhere without thorough research, so try to find as many resources that will help you in your personal growth and development of knowledge about project management principles. Try reading other documents too – they’re not just there to waste time! The Internet provides tons of opportunities with PDUs (Professional Development Units) available online but, only if one takes advantage while earning them through classroom training or working full-time hours on assignments.
- Attend a PMP® Workshop
PMI workshops for 2 to 6 days are conducted by chapter, university, and training companies around the world. These short-term courses give you an opportunity to interact with instructors as well other students going through similar situations about clearing your queries on how best to prepare for taking their certification exam in order to make sure there won’t be anything left up in the air when it comes time take this important step!
- Attempt the Sample PMP® Exam questions and get a head start on your next test!
The best way to prepare for the exam is by attempting as many Sample PMP® Exam questions papers. There are lots of dumps available on the internet – go ahead and use them! It’s important that you attempt all possible question types because it gives us an idea about what we will face when taking our test; if not, then there could be some quirks or surprises waiting just around the corner. If attempted successfully and repeated consistently over time with good scores achieved constantly at least 90%+, one should expect victory on their very first try.
- It is important to study hard and have a plan.
To study for the PMP ® Exam, you need to treat it like a project. Create a plan that will help you reach your goal of becoming certified as an expert in project management. You will need to create your plan, like on how many hours per day you’ll be studying for the exam; defining what types of questions count as sample answers can help reduce confusion about which ones are right or wrong – this way there’s no guesswork!
After a long day of studying, taking the test may sound like child’s play. But there are some things you should prepare for that will help make this process as easy and successful as possible!
Here are a few things that might come in handy while appearing for the exam:
- To maximize your chances of getting high marks on exam day, try sleeping well beforehand by staying up late before going into testing mode.
- bring two forms of official identification with photo (one must have been taken within six months)
- Water in case it gets hot inside during crunch time.
- Just don’t forget about those earplugs!
There is also an orientation tutorial where students learn how their computer functions alongside software used during the examination and make sure you don’t skip the tutorial to avoid any kind of blunders.